Be A Champion for Primary Care: Ten Things You Can Do
- Learn about the benefits of primary care and how it can improve health in America. Go to www.healthisprimary.org and read about the campaign and the benefits of primary care.
- Join the campaign by signing up for regular updates
- Follow the campaign on Twitter and Like us on Facebook. Retweet and Share campaign communications. Promote the campaign on social media: @healthisprimary, #MakeHealthPrimary, #PatientsAreAVirtue
- Download our 2017 desktop calendar to see how you can be a champion for primary care.
- Wear your campaign colors and spread the word about the value of primary care.
- Take charge of your health. If you don’t have a primary care doctor, find one in your community and talk to them about what you can do to stay healthy.
- Download Health is Primary patient information sheets and share them with family and friends.
- Share your story about primary care with the campaign.
- Ask your employer to print campaign posters and hang them in employee common areas (lunchroom, break areas).
- Sign up to be part of coordinated Health is Primary activities during Primary Care Week. Email us at champions@FMAHealth.org to be notified about plans and tools to #MakeHealthPrimary during the Primary Care Week in October.
October Focus: Primary Care
October Toolkit. Download these resources to promote the value of Primary Care. Remember: Primary Care Week is October 1-7, 2017.
November Focus: Smoking Cessation
November Toolkit. Download these resources to join us in promoting smoking cessation and the value of primary care.